Social Media Club Hawaii (SMCHI) today announced its 2014 Board of Directors whose one-year term runs from February through January 2015.
SMCHI is dedicated to connecting social media professionals to advance social media literacy, improving industry standards and conditions, and providing education and promoting ethical behavior in the social media industry and related fields.
Gwen Woltz, co-founder of Wahine Media and returning SMCHI president, said the chapter’s goal for the year includes expanding awareness of the organization, building bridges to other related communities, establishing a formal presence on the neighbor islands, expanding membership and benefits, and increasing sponsorships and partner relationships.
The 2014 Board of Directors is:
· Gwen Woltz of Wahine Media (President and Events Chair)
· Shelly Simpson of Small and Mighty Marketing (Events Committee)
· Jennifer Armstrong of Kaia Consulting (Events Committee)
· Tara Coomans of Akamai Marketing (Membership Chair)
· Liberty Peralta of PBS Hawaii (Membership Committee)
· Loryn Guiffre of Maryknoll School (Communications Chair)
· Shauna Goya of Communications Pacific (Public Relations)
· Trey Roy of Wahine Media (Social Media)
· Amanda Tompkins, social media and interactive media specialist (Social Media)
· Joaquin Villarreal of OFM Multimedia Labs (Blogger)
· Richel Cole of the YWCA of Oahu (Email Marketing)
· Sylvia Dahlby of SmartSearch (Sponsorship Chair)
· Shiloh Swanson, freelancer (Tech Chair)
· Denise Laitinen, freelance writer editor and journalist (Big Island representative)
· Ali Catalano, social media strategist and blogger (Big Island representative)
· Peter Liu of Bump Networks and TEDxMaui (Maui representative)
Social Media Club Hawaii has more than 70 members and holds about four public educational events a year. There are also member-only events and training seminars.
For more information about Social Media Club Hawaii, visit www.smchawaii.org. Follow us on Twitter (@smchi) and Facebook (facebook.com/smchi).
About Social Media Club
The Social Media Club is an international organization devoted to developing and sharing best practices in social media: conversation, transparency, and authenticity. Meetings are currently free and open to the public. It was founded in San Francisco in 2006 and has more than 200 chapters worldwide. It is a nonprofit educational organization, a 501(c)6.